Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Guilt

Did I handle his emotional outburst about the AIMS test before school correctly?

Should I work harder to force him to eat vegetables?

Have I allowed him to watch "Return of the Jedi" too many times?

Should I have pushed to keep an aide in his class at the IEP?

Have I done something to cause his lack of self-confidence with schoolwork?

Did I tell him I loved him before he went in to the school?

Should I have encouraged Bennett to play Iron Man with Evan yesterday instead of letting him make the choice, knowing that Evan would get angry if he said no?

Is it right to have a 9-year old on daily medications even though they seem to help?

Why do I feel so tired - that's not how I want my kids to remember me, is it?

How can I get him to eat something new in his lunchbox instead of throwing it away every time I try?

Is bribery the wrong way to motivate him when I'm at my wits end?

How can I encourage him to grow closer to Jesus and find comfort there?

Will Evan be able to have a wife and family of his own?

Did I spend enough focused time on both boys today?

Am I encouraging his positive friendships enough?

Should we have him in clinical Occupational Therapy?

How do I help him to develop a sense of gratitude?

Will guitar lessons help his confidence or just frustrate him?

Am I making sure that Bennett always feels safe and protected?

Is it wrong that sometimes I want to run away from all of it?

Etc, etc, etc...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of these questions come too with normal kids. I would love to talk to you Natalie and encourage you. You are a great mom. I will call soon.
Love, Missy

NatMatt said...

I cherish you and look forward to talking with you soon, Missy.