Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bonus post: It's Bennett's garden ... I just work here

It's April in Arizona and I've actually been paying attention to the garden this year! We've been excited to have the chance to enjoy the beauty that five years of work and planning has produced. Not that the work is done - I still have lots of ideas to add to its beauty (it's called shoving plants into the ground until there's no sign of soil left - ha!). My dad said yesterday that we "need to find 80 acres somewhere" so that I can fit in all the plants that I keep trying to fit into our yard. Until 80 acres is a possibility, we'll make the most of our tiny garden.

Bennett has labeled one large corner of that tiny garden "Bennett's Garden." He likes to pick out flowers for that area and has claimed it officially by putting a stick in the ground and resting an upside down watering can on top of the stick. I love that sense of pride and ownership. Sadly, "ownership" doesn't necessarily translate to "interest in doing the work" so that's where I take over. It's okay, though, since I'm really the one who started this whole thing.

Here are some pictures I took yesterday - click on any photo to see a larger version. Oh, and I had to sneak in my favorite new picture of our sweet Bella girl - make sure to look for her!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So Pretty! :-D

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is going well in CA... :-)