Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Art in Arizona

In addition to his linguistic tendencies, Bennett is also our artist-in-residence. He's made a quite stunning painting of a desert garden (including an actual leaf from one of our trees - inventive!) and many, many paintings of battles including long-legged robots and flaming bad guys. The battle stuff isn't quite my cup of tea, but a mom's gotta be supportive. I don't want to be blamed for stifling his creativity in any way, and apparently robotic, flaming battles are what's on this four-year-old kid's mind. Ahh...now that I write that, when do we start worrying?

Evan's interest in art lies primarily with painting animals and Spiderman. The animals are typically cows (shocker), leopards (favorite animal #2 since his report in 2nd grade), and black widow spiders (he got to see them up close and personal last year in the backyard - and yes, they've been eradicated). Here's the artist at work.
This morning, Bennett decided to draw a family portrait on his combination white board/chalk board/puppet theatre (coolest toy ever). So, I give you - the Morris family.
I'm particularly proud of my incredibly lean, lithe torso and crazy long hair. Matt's gotee apparently covers his entire face. And those Morris boys are just little cuties - notice they're the same size in Bennett's mind. :-)

Rinkint to you all,
Natalie

2 comments:

Mateo "El" Barbero said...

Hello Morrisi.

I'm having fun with your new outlet. Keep on writing.

Barber

PS I agree with Bennett. You really should grow out your hair...

NatMatt said...

We love you Barber! Believe it or not, my hair is even longer than Bennett's drawing depicts, just not as crazy. But maybe that's the direction I should go. Stay tuned....