Wednesday, July 9, 2008

California is burning!

We're right in the middle of our vacation to California and, as much as I'm loving it, part of me is ready to disappear back into the deserts of Arizona. I'm fairly sure that my eyes haven't stopped burning since we got into this state. Among the 1,000+ fires currently burning in Cali is one about 30 minutes north of Woodleaf. When we left today, the smoke looked like fog in the forest. I'll post pictures later. They are surreal.

The boys and I are having a great time bouncing from place to place, eating a lot of fast food and doing a lot of swimming since the 100 degree temperatures missed us too must and so followed us from Chandler.

I'm taking lots of great pictures - mostly of the boys - and will share those soon, too. That's the big update ... we'll be back soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha - love the title.

Have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

We had a blast spending time with you guys!
Did the blankets arrive?

Come back soon!

Kevin

NatMatt said...

Whew! Bennett's beloved yellow blanket arrived safe and sound. Thanks so much for taking good care of it while it was missing!

We loved being with you, too. Hope that dishwasher is working great - and I bet your pool looks awesome.

Hi to Sarah!
Natalie